December 19, 2003
ROCKVILLE, MD — December 19, 2003 — — DrFirst announced today an agreement with ePocrates, Inc. that allows users of the ePocrates Rx® drug reference guide and the ePocrates Rx Pro™ premium clinical reference suite to connect with DrFirst’s Rcopia e-Prescribing product. The combined power of ePocrates’ comprehensive conventional drug, alternative medicine, and infectious disease information with Rcopia’s e-Prescribing capabilities is unparalleled in the industry today.
By linking the two applications on handheld devices, physicians now have the power to:
- Access ePocrates’ unbiased, award-winning drug reference guide along with its information on contraindications, adverse reactions, drug interactions, off-label indications and formulary coverage, in an easy-to-use format
- Write prescriptions and beforehand, check for drug-drug and drug-allergy interactions and compliance with major insurer’s formularies (approved list of drugs)
- Carry their entire patient population, with the patient’s active medication and allergy lists, on their handheld device — giving the ability to access patient data, review medication information, and write prescriptions whether or not connected to the Internet
- Be truly mobile by using devices that connect through both local area wireless (such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth) or wide area wireless (using “all-in-one” cell phone, PDA, pager, and messaging devices)
- Connect with other participants in the prescription fulfillment process
- Add Rcopia’s Charge Capture, Scheduling, and Clinical Messaging functionality
Users of the ePocrates Rx Pro™ premium clinical reference suite also can access a comprehensive alternative medicine monographs and interactions guide; the built-in MultiCheck® function that allows the user to simultaneously check up to 30 drugs for interactions across both ethical and alternative medications; the ePocrates ID® infectious disease guide; clinical tables and guidelines; and the MedMath™ calculator with over 30 of the most commonly used medical equations.
DrFirst also provides the industries best secure text messaging platforms for physicians, hospitals and EMR/EHR vendors.