July 16, 2010
According to “Advancing Healthcare in America,” the number of e-prescriptions filled last year soared 181% to 191 million. The report also found that over the past 2 years pharmacies have rapidly adopted e-prescribing tools. E-prescribing of medications is on the rise in all sectors of the healthcare community and is helping to transform patient care for the better.
This is not only happening in the ambulatory enviornment either! According to the American Hospital Association’s 2010 “Most Wired Survey” many of the hospitals and physicians have increased their use of certain health IT tools. The survey found that 51% of prescription drug orders were done electronically, up from 49% in 2009.
DrFirst wants to congratulate the following customers for making the Most Wired Hospitals List this year!
- Berkshire Health Systems, Pittsfield: Most Improved
- Exeter Health Resources: Most Wired-Small & Rural
- Holy Name Medical Center, Teaneck: Most Improved
- Valley Hospital, Ridgewood: Most Wired
- Avera Health, Sioux Falls: Most Wired and Most Wireless