January 14, 2010
It’s time to break out the bubbly! DrFirst is celebrating our 10th Anniversary! Looking back from January 1, 2000, it’s been quite a journey becoming the leader in standalone electronic prescribing.
We have a lot of FIRSTs to be proud of:
2003: DrFirst was the first company to realize the importance of connecting with both RxHub and Surescripts
2004: DrFirst was the first to systematically provide e-prescribing services for EMR vendors
2009: DrFirst was the first to legally transmit controlled drug prescriptions under a DEA waiver
We established a history of experience and credibility:
- Rcopia is the most widely used standalone eprescribing system in the country and currently facilitates over 2 million prescriptions per month.
- DrFirst has been selected to provide e-prescribing and formulary services by more than 20 major health plans than any other vendor
- We are the most decorated e-prescribing vendor having received 12 awards and certifications
We demonstrated our commitment to interoperability and connected communities:
- DrFirst has partnered with nearly 100 electronic medical software vendors to help meet CCHIT certification requirements
- In the acute care setting, DrFirst provides medication reconciliation and discharge e-prescribing services to hospital-based providers to meet “Meaningful Use” requirements
After 10 years, DrFirst is poised to remain at the top of the HIT industry, building upon the excellence of our award-winning Rcopia e-prescribing system while continuing to create innovative technologies that connect healthcare communities. We look forward to future, for our continued growth and success and we are excited to be a part of the country’s healthcare revolution. Cheers to Putting Doctors First!