e-prescribe controlled substances
medication history at admission
DrFirst Meets ARRA HITECH Act Meaningful Use Requirements and Provides E-prescribing Nationwide
DrFirst is the nation's most decorated standalone electronic prescribing (e-prescribing) vendor, having earned over 12 awards, certifications and industry accolades. Our ISO 27001 certification ensures our clients have the most advanced security protecting their patient data.
DrFirst is focused on giving doctors options. Our solutions are scalable for practices of 1 to over 3,000 providers and allow providers nationwide to economically and quickly meet Stage 1 and 2 ARRA meaningful use requirements and share patient data within the community through our unique enterprise capabilities. Our e-prescribing system, Rcopia, fully integrates with major physician "portals" including the AMA.
Rcopia-MU offers physicians a cost-effective and easy-to-implement way to meet meaningful use requirements. This allows providers to take advantage of ARRA HITECH Act financial incentives while minimizing the disruption to office workflow and limiting staff training time. The ARRA HITECH Act provides bonus money of up to $63,750 to eligible providers who demonstrate meaningful use.
If you are ready to go 100% paperless, DrFirst can help there, too! We have partnered with over 180 EHR/EMR vendors that can ensure a smooth transition of your patient data backed by the power of DrFirst's award-winning Rcopia e-prescribing system. And you'll meet ARRA HITECH Act meaningful use requirements!
Experience the "DrFirst Difference" and learn more about how we help you get back to being a doctor first!
- Health Systems
- Health IT Partners
Upgrade From E-prescribing - Achieve Meaningful Use
If you are ready to take the next step from e-prescribing to meeting Meaningful Use, DrFirst can help!
Rcopia-MU allows providers to have:
- Better patient care
- Improved profits and Federal bonus incentives
- Increased practice efficiency
- Satisfy meaningful use requirements and receive ARRA HITECH Act incentive money
- Minimize workflow and staff learning curve changes
- Enjoy customer-friendly training to get your practice up and running fast
- Transition practice to paperless at your own pace
- Provide a higher level of patient service and safety
- Save patients and providers time and money
- Streamline practice workflow
- Utilize true e-prescribing
- Satisfy HITECH Act requirements and receive federal incentive money. The HITECH Act provides bonus money of up to $63,750 to eligible providers who demonstrate meaningful use.
Rcopia-MU is a low-cost option ideal for physicians who are upgrading from e-prescribing or who aren't ready to convert to a 100% paperless environment.
If buying an EHR/EMR makes good long-term sense for your practice, DrFirst has over 180 EMR/EHR Partners that can help you experience a smooth transition from paper records to fully electronic. You will meet meaningful use requirements and qualify for ARRA HITECH Act incentive money. Learn more about meaningful use and the HITECH Act.
Medication History and RcopiaAC for Hospitals
RcopiaAC is a hospital medication history and discharge e-prescribing software solution designed to interface with existing or future HCIS, and is partnered with MEDITECH and LSS.
DrFirst provides unique e-prescribing solutions for ambulatory and acute care environments with a focus on "connecting communities" through interoperability and secure data sharing.
Healthcare stakeholders can receive benefits from medication reconciliation and e-prescribing while closing continuity-of-care gaps.
After conducting empirical research with hospitals across the United States, DrFirst also offers hospital consulting services to hospitals, who want to achieve Meaningful Use objectives through e-oprescribing and medication management for their enterprise.
Leverage Meaningful Use for Your Health System
Many health systems are taking advantage of changes to federal regulations as a result of the ARRA HITECH Act's meaningful use requirements and are connecting physicians and hospitals nationwide through e-prescribing.
Health systems can now assist physicians in adopting health IT, including e-prescribing, to meet meaningful use requirements, and enhance patient safety and quality-of-care. DrFirst has the most reliable and consistent track record in the industry for delivering successful e-prescribing projects for our health system customers.
DrFirst allows health systems to:
- Deliver proven benefits in the areas of reduced drug spending
- Increase patient safety
- Reduce medical costs
- Offer truly integrated patient care
- Empower your greater health information technology (HIT) strategies
- Offering Rcopia e-prescribing to affiliated and non-affiliated physicians, allowing them to meet ARRA HITECH Act requirements.
- The HITECH Act provides bonus money of up to $63,750 to eligible providers who demonstrate meaningful use.
- Selecting DrFirst health IT partners
- Implementing Rcopia Acute Care (RcopiaAC) medication reconciliation in the hospital
Recommend Certified Systems
DrFirst can help Regional Extension Centers (RECs) find the right option for practices, hospitals or health clinics looking to meet ARRA HITECH Act meaningful use requirements by 2012.
Since 2000, DrFirst has been a pioneer in the Health IT field, developing and deploying award-winning e-prescribing software for health care providers across the country.
We are ready to help RECs make the best choices for their region's practices with Rcopia-MU. This cost-effective, intuitive software supports and serves health care providers who are not ready for an EMR/EHR but want to meet Stage 1 and 2 meaningful use requirements to qualify for HITECH Act incentive money. When ready, healtch care providers can take advantage of our more than 180 EMR/EHR partnerships and the smooth migration path to a broad solution!
Rcopia-MU benefits health care providers by allowing them to:
- Quickly and easily meet Stage 1 and 2 Meaningful use requirements
- Qualify for HITECH Act incentive payments as early as May 2011
- Receive the greatest return-on-investment
- Test whether their practice qualifies for the incentives long term
- Minimize the learning curve and workflow changes for staff
- Take a stepping stone approach to invest their incentive payments into a completely paperless office, at their own pace
Learn more about how Rcopia-MU can help eligible providers meet ARRA HITECH Act meaningful use requirements.
Learn more about meaningful use and the ARRA HITECH Act.
DrFirst's Open Borders program offers EMR software developers several options for bringing the industry's best full-featured e-prescribing functionality to market.
DrFirst offers several flexible solutions to meet your budget, timeline, and overall needs. Our e-prescribing and meaningful use solutions provide a quick and affordable path for your health IT application to meet CCHIT, ARRA, and MIPPA e-prescribing requirements. Integrating Rcopia e-prescribing into your application also ensures it will comply with the ARRA HITECH Act e-prescribing requirements for meaningful use, in fact, we have already helped many of our partners achieve ONC certification!
The least costly and fastest time to market - our most simple and quick solution
- 1-way and 2-way interface between Rcopia E-Prescribing and your EMR, PMS, or other health IT application
- Rcopia e-prescribing is made available under the DrFirst brand or as a private label solution under your application's brand
- Advanced Integration
For developers looking for a stronger integration
- Rcopia e-prescribing is presented within your EMR, PMS, or other health IT application
- Prescriber and patient data passed between the applications
- Maximum Integration:
For developers looking for an advanced solution which provides maximum integration and control to your EMR application with a seamless workflow experience for the end-user
- Rcopia E-prescribing Engine is available as a "black box" solution which provides drug information, connectivity, and many other e-prescribing functions
- Operates through program calls behind your application's user interface